Friday, July 3, 2009

HDR Images

Hey everyone, it has been a while since updating what's been going on. Well, I discovered a few weeks back this new technique called HDR photography. Unfortunately I haven't had time to test it out until now. It is quit an interesting process. To begin with, you have to take several pictures at different exposures. Therefore, as suggested, I mounted my camera on a tripod, I then chose Aperture priority as suggested as well and then set up my camera for bracketing and continuous shooting. This allowed me to take three pictures of the same shot at different exposures without messing with the aperture. I also had my ISO set on the lowest setting of 100. It is suggested however that if need be, to take more shots of different exposures. It's just based upon the tutorial I was following, the bracketing on my camera allows for I believe only 3 shots, that is, without going back and double checking. I then downloaded this trial version of this software called Photomatix Pro. Photoshop CS3 is able to to HDR, but the tutorial I was following used this other software, and if I so choose, the cost is only 99.00 to purchase full version. I really wanted to try and keep things simple and I really think the HDR Photos that I have seen online are way cool and I can't wait to experiment more with this amazing technique that many others have seem to have mastered!!!!

1 comment: