Sunday, June 7, 2009

Engagement Party

Well, shot my first engagement party yesterday, (check out the good looking couple on the left). Had an amazing time and was able to practice some of the new techniques that I have been learning over these last couple weeks. For example, yesterday morning before the party I attended a simple photography class. Much of the information I had already read about before but it is always good to be reminded. Such as the lower the f stop the greater the aperture, which is important when it comes to lighting and depth of field. But it is also important because when you use a higher f stop, the lower the aperture, which also means a slower shutter speed, and if you are like me and hold your camera most of the time, then a slow shutter speed doesn't work real well. With a slow shutter speed, you need to have your camera on a tripod in order to avoid that disturbing unwanted blur that I am sure many of you have experienced in the past. I know I have. But of course, I am still practicing and still learning with all of this and I am having a great time being able to go and just shoot various events and people. It does help however when the people are your friends :))

No comments:

Post a Comment